Arrival on the West Coast

San Diego Travel Blog

some of our luggage

We landed a little after three local time if I remember correctly, could've been closer to four.  Since I was in the very last row of the plane, I knew that it would take a little while to get off the plane but once I disembarked, the group was able to head down to baggage claim.  Even though it had been a direct flight, I still breathed in relief when I located both of my green suitcases.  Randall's bag had gotten tagged as over-sized so that took him extra to locate but we didn't lose any luggage.  We then split up to find food, not a lot of options but dinner wasn't happening until later that evening once we arrived at the Ranch and our bodies were off a couple hours thanks to the time change.  I had a gift card for Starbucks so I got a chocolate chip scone from them.  While I was getting my order, I started chatting with a girl behind me who turned out was also on the Club Dust trip.  Her church had been at the airport since eleven that morning.

At five we hiked across the overhead passenger walkway to where the vans with donations had pulled up.  We sorted out supplies before climbing onto two air-conditioned charter buses.  This Club Dust trip only had about 100 participants, a smaller group than my previous trips although the winter trip Club Mud has grown considerably.  Emily and I settled next to each other and after final directions from Ray the bus set off, leaving the water behind us.

San Diego