Grab Your Passport, and Come On Down!

Springfield Travel Blog

Jay and Nellie moved to Nicaragua almost 2 years ago, and I said I was going to visit ever since.  But, one thing or another kept me from it.  When I had the time, I didn't have the money, and when I had the money, I didn't have the time.  I watched airfare almost religiously for these two years, vowing not to pay more than what I paid to go to Hawaii.

Coming up on Summer 2010, I didn't have my vacation planned, and I'd had a rough time of it at my job in Springfield.  I did a lot of soul searching, and knew the time was right for me to visit Nicaragua.  I emailed Nellie and told her I'd like to come in July.  (Two reasons: 1 - airfare was more than reasonable from St. Louis and 2 - my contract would be up and I wouldn't have to be in Springfield anymore).  It all worked out.  Nellie responded 'grab your passport, and come on down!'.  I immediately went to to check airfare; Delta being the cheapest, and then went to and booked my flight without hesitation.  It's official! I'm going!  I just have to wait patiently for the next three and a half months!

monky says:
Congrats on your featured blog!:)
brettjayhawk says:
Congrats on your feature!
simsing says:
Congrats on the featured blog!
photo by: DrewSFO