Work - day 2

Seoul Travel Blog

A traditional Korean BBQ (bulgogi) meal. Mmmm.

For lunch today, a couple of the EA guys took me to a Japanese place downstairs.  Then a coffee at Starbucks.  Not very "Korean" of us, I guess.

But that night, I checked out traditional Korean barbecue - bulgogi - at a place the woman from the previous night recommended.

After dinner, I went to the Apkujeong neighborhood, known to be the "beverly hills" of Seoul and even has its own Rodeo Drive!  The neighborhood was pretty cool.  A combination of high-end stores, fancy restaurants, clubs, and a few less-fancy pubs.  The main street had runway-type lighting along it.  Very cool.

I went into a low-key place first, and asked the bartender for tips.  He directed me to Koobar as a good spot, so off I went.  Unfortunately, since it was Tuesday, the place was basically empty - me, plus two small groups.  But clearly the place goes off on the weekends.  It's a cavernous room with bars at either end, a dj booth, and a wrap-around second floor balcony over looking the lower floor.  Oh well, big day of meetings tomorrow so it's just as well that it wasn't happening.  I had a beer and watched the Uruguay versus Japan game on the plasma screen, then headed home.

A traditional Korean BBQ (bulgogi)…
A traditional Korean BBQ (bulgogi…
My hotel room in Seoul.