Caravron and Coral Bay

Coral Bay Travel Blog

sunset at coral bay beach
Today we leave Caravron and head for Coral Bay. the roads are still long and everything looks the same, though today I saw my first termite mound, they are as big as i imagined. Some are as tall as I am. The land here has the same emptiness as home, but it is very barren versus being lush. Everyone is still getting along which is good, the road has not worn us down yet.

I am really excited about reaching Coral bay. I am not sure what to expect, i have a thousand images in my mind, the most predominant is the quaint essential surfing/tropical holiday town with a beautiful beach and really nice drag full of overpriced shops/restaurants and cafes.

We have finally arrived in Coral Bay. and the whole van is filled with an excitement that i have not felt since we left Perth, the long roads can wear you down, not that it was that long ago that we left Perth. I think that the distances have had a much greater affect on the Europeans since they are not used to the long distances.

It is the first day we have had sun since we started, which is definitely a nice change.  the town consists of a single street with one hostel, 3 caravan parks, and about 6 shops. nothing to do here except chill on the beach and snorkel a bit.

the beach is amazing before i even made it into the water i saw a school of large fish the size of salmon and a sting ray. the sun set was great, it turned the water a silvery sheen and the sky a fiery red.
Coral Bay