Anantara Resort and Spa

Veligand Travel Blog

trust me, that are not my legs

Waking up in comfortable bed and beautiful morning, I really feel that I should not have spend and waste time in Male’ yesterday. It is beautiful calm and peaceful. I went to have breakfast with the gang, and then we went to the Aqua sport shop to get the fin, mask and snorkel (provided for us free of charge)

Met with Rob who have spend time here for three days before me and he knows all the good spot to take good picture. He has unbelievable eyes; he can see many lizard and birds, crabs and all the wild life in the island, much before I could see them.

Jump down into the sea from our villa.

View from the Villa during sun rise
It is so cool that I can jump out of our bed room and right to the sea. It is unbelievable that there are reef right near our villa. I mean not like dead reef, living reef right next to the villa. We use fin and snorkel and start explore the underwater. I do not have underwater camera but coming here, I would recommend anyone who come to come with underwater camera. I feel like kicking myself for not prepare and bring an underwater camera. However, it is good that one of our friends has her mind and brings her underwater camera.

All the fish that I saw, well because I am ignorance idiot, I really do not know what any of it is called. However, I know that fish like in the cartoon with many colors. Met one very big and with teeth when I floating around not moving it come near me and I fear that it will bite me. I know that I am big compare to it but I still feel like it would come and take a bite.

Later in the afternoon I found out that the water is not as clear as in the morning.

Me and my fin
It was low tie in the morning, the wave from the ocean come but it would not be able to come inside the lagoon because of the reef around the lagoon, leaving the calm water inside. So, the best time to snorkel is in the morning, when the wave would not bring sand around and the fish are still out. In the afternoon most of the fish would be hiding the sun in the reef or under our villa. So, anyone is reading this for going to Maldives. Remember, early morning for snorkel!

Lunch we have some burger and chip. I know it is not healthy but we just found out that all the food including the sea food is all freeze and not catch near here. (So not so fresh) Best we could hope for that the chefs know what they are doing.

Areerat says:
blue sky and infinity pool
blue sky and infinity pool
salad agin for the daytime
salad agin for the daytime
I really do not know what is this …
I really do not know what is this…
Veligand