Queens Night

Amsterdam Travel Blog

I met Sonja at Central Station at 11am and headed out to see the windmill museum at Zaanse Schans. It was a hot day, so we didnt spend too long at Zaanse Schans. We stopped on the way back at Zaandam? for lunch which was really good. We had goats cheese with honey on bread with salad, which doesn't sound much, but was very filling and just right.

I headed back to Amsterdam and had a good walk round for a few hours, before chilling back at my hostel which was conveniently places next to Vondelpark.

I headed out at 6.30pm to Central Station to meet some other TBs for the Queen's Night Party. By 10pm, we were out and about in Central Amsterdam. Everywhere was very busy with some of the locals already marking out their spots to sell their unwanted household items in the morning.

We first headed to Vondel park with has some live music, but found it too busy, so quickly moved onto LeidsepleinAddress: where we found more live music. The heavens then opened and it rained really heavily, so we dashed in to the nearest bar, which was actually amazing and we stayed there until 3am partying away. The rain never stopped, so this bar just got more and more crowded at the night went on. At times it was like squashed sardines for all the people that were in there. The rain eventually stopped and I headed back to the hostel at about 3.15am
photo by: pearcetoyou