Exploring Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

My morning was spend back in the centre of Brussels, it was now Sunday so a lot of places and shops were closed. I found the main shopping centre of town, however I very quickly headed onto the central park which was close by. I had brought out some guide books on brussesl with me, so I sat and checked out what else there was to do. I choose to get the Atomium done that afternoon and then do Antwerp and Bruges over the two following two days.

The Atomium was really enjoyable. Europe's fastest elevator takes you up to the top for fantastic views of city, before you take the same elevator back down to explore the 7 pods individually. Each bod was filled with artefacts form the opening year, so it was like stepping back into the 50's!

Again, after dinner, I headed to the park feeling slightly flat, however still enjoying the evening. It was time for me to send my first mobile update to Facebook about my plans for the following two days. Getting comments back form friends was the best thing ever and lifted my spirits no end having that feeling of being connected. I won't lie, being in a city alone is tough going, however nice the flat I had use of was! I was wanting to be in a hostel with other travellers and longing for the party to start in Amsterdam, however I would have to wait another 4 days for that!
Brussels