Bruges

Brugge Travel Blog

The fine weather that I had enjoyed for the past 3 days continued, and I made the most of it be leaving the flat early. I was on the train by 9am and in Bruges by 10.30am. The station was really nice.

I walked into the centre of Bruges, to be honest I had a map, but seemed to follow my noise more, just taking in the amzing waterways and architecture. This place was so pretty, almost like a big village. Everyone seemed like a tourist and all the building were perfect, so I felt almost like a model museum. I had to keep telling myself that Bruges is a real working city with people living here, not just a tourist attraction!

I found the main square I eventually found the entrance to the clock tower. I climbed the steps to the top and enjoyed the breath-taking view of picture perfect rooftops and narrow streets winding below.

After the clock tower I grabbed some lunch and walked some more. I found a chocolate museum, and I went in. I can't remember the name, but that is no bad thing as it seemed like a waste of 6euro, when the chocolate demonstrator sounded like a tape recorder and clearly did not enjoy her job!

Walking back to the station later, I took a wrong turn and ended walking for about 2 km in the wrong direction following the wrong waterway. The couple form Newcastle who I asked directions from also told me to keep going - in the wrong direction. I then asked the locals and they pointed me in the right direction. It was a really enjoyable 2 hours walk all the same!

I was now getting really excited about Queens Day in Amsterdam in 3 days time!
Dinner