Aqua Centre

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

I got up early and headed to the breakfast room. The great thing about the hostel was it was unlimited and simple breakfast of toast, jam, chocolate spread, pate and tea / coffee. And they have a Dualit Verio toaster!!

I headed out at about 10am to meet Lauro again at Central Station. He suggested we go to the Aqua centre a few stops away on the Metro. I was supported to learn that Düsseldorf - for such a small - city has 12 metro lines! London has about 8 in comparison.

The aqua centre was busy, loads of visitors as it was a Sunday. The fish were amazing, and there colours were so vivid. I tool loads of photos hoping some would come out OK, most of the one too of the fishes were came out blurry.

Once done inside, Lauro and I headed out into the gardens behind the Aqua Centre. They were Chinese gardens, so very neatly manicured plan beds and pruned hedges. It was cool to walk around. We then headed back into the centre of Düsseldorf and I said good bye to Lauro until Iceland in October.

I headed back to my hostel after doing a food shop for some soup for dinner. Id overspent in Amsterdam and was keen to get my budget back on track.

photo by: Chokk