Smell of Italy

Italy Travel Blog

It came later, but finally arrived. Italian Summer! Not one of the usual hot summers, breathtaking sultry and humid to dry your soul. The sun is hot, but your days at sea can still be enjoyable, without risk of burning the brain permanently. We waited a long time, this summer. Spring is almost skipped. Expect to see our flowers bloom at any moment, our trees come alive suddenly. But no! Have had a lot of rain, until last week, but sunny, warm, essential to revitalize green stems asleep for a year, no sun! It happens throughout the past week. You wake up ... and a cascade of colors, like confetti, surprise you how a scene change. The scent wrap you in and involves you. Is the Italian summer. Is back! So full of life that you would to share with the rest of the world. Even more beautiful is that my garden is not a typical Italian garden. Plants and flowers are a mixture of Italian and Swedish, caressing driven by the wind like flags of friendly countries. I want to gift this to those who enjoy nature because each flower is not in my garden, but rooted in the land of this world.
E_Beth says:
I like your photos, Tony. A nice reprieve from the cold winter! I take MANY flower photos (my office walls are filled with them)... and I always want MORE. :) Perhaps I'll find the time to post a 'Smell of Michigan' blog. THINK SPRING! :)
THANKS FOR SHARING.