Different time, different stories.

Baguio City Travel Blog

First time in Baguio City.

I have been in Baguio City for several times now. I'm always excited to feel the cool breezing whether of the beautiful City of Pines. Before, I am just one typical traveler going back and fourth for Panagbenga Festival or the widely known Flower Festival.

October 22, 2008: It was even my 22nd Birthday, when I headed back to Baguio for work. I stayed and worked there for almost a year and three months. I had real fun with cool people with different personalities. At first, I don't know how to be with these kind of people, but eventually, I've got engrossed and finally became close friends.

I love the way they express their love. It's really overwhelming. You'll feel that you are always protected, considering the weather too huh.

During my stay, I met fabulous people, who are my friends now, at different places at different time. I had so much fun dealing differences of orientations and beliefs. In a way, I have loved the outcome. I'm far better than before.

The first place I visited there was at the Philippine Military Academy. One of my bosses way back in Ilocos Norte is actually working there, so I had real fun. Almi toured me around along with some stories. I even had the chance of meeting her class one late afternoon, before these cadets/cadettes head for training.

The well-known Strawberry Farm is one of my travels' highlights. I met my cousins there, who are staying near the place.

I've got the chance of picking strawberries, or should I say harvesting strawberries. Oh yeah, this is where Iska lived, the character played by Marian Rivera in her movie with Dingdong Dantes entitled 'You To Me is Everyting'.

Before you head back to Manila, make sure you have visited The Cathedral, Mines View Park, Burnham Park, Lourdes Shrine, The Botanical Garden, The Mansion, Camp John Hay, The Butterfly Garden and more. Take a cab, and let the driver tour you around.

Some of my photos posted here are taken at different time, with different stories.

Panagbenga 2010.

Baguio City celebrates Panagbenga Festival or most widely known as the Flower Festival every February. I had a chance to witness this very refreshing activity in the so-called City in the Mountains.

This activity is being participated by students from different schools, colleges, and universities in the City. Activities includes Search for Miss Panagbenga, street dancing, concerts, sports, traditional games, homecoming, awarding and the most popular of all, Floral Parade.

Local celebrities also joined the parade. Spotted were Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Melai Cantiveros, Jayson Francisco, Angelica Panganiban, Robi Domingo, Maja Salvador, Paul Jake Castillo, PBB Housemates Tibo and Johan Santos, JC de Vera, Jackie Rice, Buboy Villar, The Panday Kids, and more. Spotted also politicians like Bong Revilla, Bong Bong Marcos, Loren Legarda, Manny Villar to name a few.

Hotel and lodges reservation starts as early as September.

Baguio for the nth time!

Yes, definitely. Baguio City is one of my favorite travel destinations. I have a lot of cool friends there and I always enjoy my stay there. Good food plus good people, well, happiness! That's what we always want...ever been wanted, right?

I admit, I have been to the beautiful places in Baguio City, even visited these places for the nth times. Sometimes, I tour my friends. Yayy, I don't know why I always come back to Baguio...I just love this place! Perfect! ;o

holdmyhandsforever says:
Thank you. There's a lot beautiful places in Pangasinan too. I can't wait for that highway to be completed. Happy travels buddy! :)
Posted on: Nov 10, 2012
nolan says:
Nice perspective on Baguio, especially the one from your first visit there. I have been to Baguio countless times over a few decades to the point that we are already avoiding it because of the enormous crowds during holidays (especially Panabenga). However, there are still nice places to stay at, which are far from the madding crowd, but they have become quite expensive already that you can spend the same amount of money in a location nearer.

But once the Tarlac Pangasinan La Union Highway is completed, we will probably venture up again, even if just to use Baguio as a jump off point to Sagada.
Posted on: Nov 08, 2012