TB'ers, Roger and Judy, drive from the states & into Calgary to meet us ...

Calgary Travel Blog

I had just lifted off in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at 21:00hrs with my son.  I was asked to stay at a friends to celebrate her parents anniversary, so on that note I scheduled a late flight.  While on-board, I knew that X_Drive and Hummingbird were in la-la land but by morning they'd be driving towards Calgary, Alberta to meet Dan and I

The flight only landed at 1:20am on June 20th, so late ... and by the time the baby settled it was 5:00am.  He was great on the flight but it disrupted his eating and sleeping pattern. I knew that today, June 20th, 2010, two special guests: X_Drive and Hummingbird  would be arriving; when exactly, I wasn't entirely sure!  We tried texting but no such luck :) Dan did receive phone calls as they both prefer the good-old-reliable telephone .
.. I tried to convince Roger on using texting on his cell phone with no such luck lol.  Dan and I patiently waited and continued  with our day celebrating father's day in which the girls (our daughters) gave Dan his cards and gifts.

They pulled into our drive-way around 16:30 and Dan made a delicious BBQ supper (always so good!)and the four of us chatted the night enjoying coffee and do you think we pulled out our computers to go on TB, NEVER, lol ... While Roger updated his road-trip blogs, Dan and I got their bedroom ready ... making sure they had all the amenities of the finest hotel :) I then cut up some fresh fruit for them ... I wanted them to have the Bed & Breakfast feeling lol ... I wanted them to feel at home!!!

shirlan says:
txt sure can :-) can even phone! lol
Posted on: Jul 26, 2010
row-zzzzz says:
thanks lol, but you better be able to text etc ... :)
Posted on: Jul 26, 2010
shirlan says:
can't wait til next year and you are waiting in your driveway for us to drive in.
Posted on: Jul 25, 2010