Revolutionary War...part 2

Cape Town Travel Blog

I went to Simonstown with Chris, Dora, and Dan.  Dora and Dan are a couple from Canada where Chris is from.  About half way to Simonstown a familiar feeling crept into my stomach.  Cramps which always precede the squirts.  So I spent the rest of the morning praying I would get to a toilet in time before I made mud in my pants.  Success.  We made it to Boulders Beach just in time.  We hung out with the cuddly penguins and headed back to Muizenberg.

The Canadians cooked dinner as we watched Argentina v Nigeria on the 'tele' at the hostel.  Argentina looked really good, they won easily 1-0.  We took the rowdy train into Capetown Station.

Once we arrived we ran through the streets to make the fan fest, because if too many people are present they will close the park.  It was an awesome scene, the fan fest was next to the Parliament Building, music was playing through enormous speakers, no lines for the beer, which were only 18 Rand, and USA v England playing on the big screen.  USA got lucky with a 1-1 draw.  We played cup soccer (literally kicked a cup in a circle) and drinking games until we got kicked out of the fan fest at 11.

After Fan Fest closed we went to Neighberhood Bar (actual name).  The entry takes you up a winding staircase and leads you into what appears to be some eccentric rich guys apartment.  The bookshelves were loaded with real novels and other thick, important looking leather-bound books.  The bar had multiple levels with different rooms, and plenty of places to hang out on couches and benches.  We played drinking games with 2 local guys.  I dont remember the walk/train ride home.

look at them penguins