Eating Nik Naks and Waiting for Trains

Johannesburg Travel Blog

Waiting

On Sundays the train only runs every hour.  Luckily, I only had to wait 45 minutes this time.  Actually there is a posted schedule, but the train did not come as scheduled.  That is why I was a little annoyed a few days later when I was called lazy by the ticket taker when I asked when the next train might be coming.  While I was on the train, in the middle of nowhere there was a man, standing in shoulder high grass smoking a cigarette. I have no idea what he was doing out there, but it was entertaining.

The main train station in Johannesburg is straight gangsta.  I walked out of the train station to find the fan fest and I walked straight into hell.  It looked like images I have seen of Mogadishu.

Everyone on the streets were too shocked to react.  I just walked around like I knew what I was doing.  I found a park, Jaubert Park, that had a big screen showing the game.  I was able to lay in the grass in the sunshine and watch the games, pretty sweet.

I went back to the hostel and hung out with the crew.  The amazing Walter entertained and kept the fire going.

Trying to look tough