Granada

Granada Travel Blog

Travelers,

I confess I have slacked when it comes to keeping a travel blog, but alas you have my full dedication. As of now I am in Granada, Nicaragua and I absolutely love this place. For me it seems like a breath of fresh air. In  Costa Rica I seemed a bit stressed.Ithink it was the hordes of ticos trying to nickel and dime your every move, but then again I did travel to alot of touristy places such as La fortuna and Tamarindo. Anyways, Granada is a beautiful city filled with many activities. A forewarning though, it is a bit expensive. I decided to stay at a hotel called Hotel Corazon and for a double payed 60 bucks a night, along with free breakfast(which is huge) and free gym membership...there are a couple of hostels located nearby but I decided to indulge. Activities in the area include cooking classes, volcano tours, and fishing. I however decided to just walk around and soak in the sights. The colonial architecture is really something else and the rich history is amazing(its also free to look at). Tomorrow, I will be heading to Leon and trying some volacano boarding!! I´ll keep you posted!