Random Text

Salem Travel Blog

This trip all started with a random text, wondering if I was free the weekend of June 4.  Sure enough – I am – where are we going?  Chicago, my friend Trisha is going up to visit a friend and go to a New Kids on the Block concert, and had an extra ticket.  Now, do I like New Kids on the Block?  I don’t really know – I wasn’t allowed to listen to their music as a kid (in fact, at 27, the thought still crossed my mind as to NOT telling my mom where I was going).  But, I’m always up for a trip, practically no matter where it is or what we’re doing.

The plan is for me and Trisha to drive up Friday and have the afternoon to ourselves since Christen has to work.  We’ll go to the concert Friday night, check out some of the Chicago neighborhoods Saturday, experience Chicago nightlife, hit a breakfast spot on Sunday, then head home.

I’m really looking forward to this trip.  It’ll be the first time Trish and I have ever traveled together, even though we’ve always compared travel stories and adventures, and I have high hopes that we can pull this off.

photo by: ahtibat17