Fun and Sun on Poland's Baltic Coast

Stogi Plaza Travel Blog

Stogi Plaza (beach)

I was in luck, the sun was out and it was nice and breezy. It was forecasted to be rainy …. I was meant to go to the beach.

Yes, this was my beach day and it was a great day for it. I headed off to the north to Stogi Plaza (beach). It’s a secluded place that’s not much of a holiday spot, just some sand and sea.

I first took the bus into the center of Gdansk and then a tram (#8 - 2.5 pzl) to get there. It’s about a 30 - 40 minutes tram ride but it’s so cheap, who cares.

After weaving our way through the city and along the highway, we travel through a small forest and then a small village before getting to the stop. It’s nothing special, just a clearing after the trees and a sign that says “Stogi Plaza”.

Different shells found on the beach

I guess this is it and get out. I follow everyone else….what else should I do? Up some stairs, there are a few restaurants with terrace seating, a beach toys shop and then a deck path across the sand. There are large dunes obstructing the view but, I can see the water ahead.

Stogi is a wide beach. The sand is clean and the dunes are pretty high with grasses and other vegetation growing on them. There are little red changing houses set back from the shore, reminds me of days gone by.

The water is not the prettiest but, they wind has worked it up into some choppy waves. That might have something to do with it. It’s fairly picturesque looking to your right…..just don’t look to your left. There is a port and equipment to load ships on your left. It looks fairly new or in good condition so, it’s only unsightly due to what it is, not its condition.

There were several signs posted showing the different species of plants, animals, seashells, and even rocks to be found on the beach. Signs also posted with information concerning keeping the beaches clean….good job, Stogi!

People are out playing Frisbee, windsurfing, flying kites, and generally enjoying “beach time”. I walk along and find only a few shells but, sadly 2 of the three broke, even before leaving Gdansk.

After having a nice stroll along the water’s edge, I decide to return to the city. There are many things I would like to see and everything closes at 6pm.

The boardwalk out ot the beach
The boardwalk out ot the beach
Changing tents
Changing tents
Dont look that direction!
Don't look that direction!
A little kiting on a breezy day