Saturday - Mum and Dads 50th Wedding Anniversary Party

Saint George's Travel Blog

Managed to wake up at a decent time this morning considering the heavy night I had.  Went with my sister and other members of the family to deliver some cake decorations to to the lady making the cake and then on to the venue where the event was to take place that night, Sunset View Apartments.  The venue was dressed very nicely in white and gold and the band hired by my father, Back In Time, were practicing.  We continued to dress the venue with gold balloons, banners and images of my parents on their wedding day.  Later we rushed back into St Georges for some last minute shopping, I managed to get my nails painted, then back home to get changed for the evenings activities.  Once back at Sunset View we added the final touches as people started arriving.  It was a wonderful evening with food provided by The Tropicana Inn and Restaurant http://www.tropicanainn.com/ tearful, warm felt speeches to my mum and dad.  I saw relatives and people I had not seen in many years and my cousin, a local singer,  sang a couple of songs for my parents.  Once the food had been eaten and the tables pushed back we boogied away to the Back In Time band.  The disco that was supposed to kick in straight after the band did not do such a great job, I ended up plugging in my mobile phone and playing the music from that!!  All in all it was a fantastic evening and I believe my parents had a great time.
Saint George's