Friday - Yoga at La Luna, BBC Beach, Fish Friday and Fantazia

Gouyave Travel Blog

Packed a lot in today!  Early in the morning went with my friend to a yoga class at La Luna Spa Hotel The hotel is very much off the beaten the track, tranquil and tastefully decorated with its own private beach.  The yoga location was a beautiful pavillion with dark, hardwood floors facing the sea and a budha overseeing the activities.  Considering it was my first ever yoga class the teacher said I was very flexible and should keep it up.  Afterwards my friend and I decided to enhabit the bar area which had large cushioned chairs.  We enjoyed a carefully prepared rum punch and totally relaxed.

Later, in the baking sun, we walked to Morne Rouge beach (called BBC by locals but I don't know why!).  I know the area a little and so I guided my friend through private property in order to get onto the beach quicker, we had to climb fences and crawl under a barbed wire gate.  I feared a guard dog or a proprieter would surprise us but we encountered no such trouble.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else but the need to get out of the sun and into the sea was great.

Once on the beach we bathed in the sea and totally cooled off.  Later, members of my family joined us on the beach before heading home.  Later that night I went with my friend, brother, neice and her boyfriend to an event called Fish Friday held in the town of Gouyave I had half a lobster seasoned with garlic and it was beautiful.  We also stayed back to watch a steel pan group play which was very entertaining.

We drove straight from Gouyave to Fantasia nightspot just off the BBC beach.  The rest of my family joined us there later.  It was a lively, very wild night.  By 2am it was completely packed with everybody jumping to the latest soca sounds. We left around 3.30am, my clothes drenching in sweat.  A totally enjoyable day and evening.

PhinsAndGills says:
Okay, I'm a bit envious! You were at La Luna. I always said that if I could save up enough money to make it back to Grenada, I want to stay at La luna.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2010