Antigua and Barbuda Travel Blog

On the Catamaran

We loved snorkling so much the first day we signed up for a second catamaran and snorkle excursion.  The guide was really nice and we set out on our boat.  This one was much more crowded then the first excursion with about 30-50 people on the excursion.

We went out into the sea where we anchored at a reef.  I was a little nervous since it wasn't close to a shore or anything... my fear a shark may be at this reef thankfully wasn't true.  We jumped in and started swimming around.  It was harder to swim here because of waves.  Lots of the coral was broken and covered in sand from a recent huricane.  However we saw a lot of fish and lots of sea plants.  We had about 45 minutes to snorkle.  I wish we had longer.

Unfortunently I don't have pictures from snorkling since my underwater camera broke.

Then we got back on the catamaran and sailed some before docking at shore.  We were allowed to go onto the beach for a while and swimming if we wanted.  I get bored laying out so I was in the water looking for nice shells.  After we went back to the port and took a cab to Jolly beach to meet up with some friends.  It was a great beautiful beack with umbreallas and lounge chairs availible, a bar and resturant, rest rooms, jet ski rentals, and more.  The sand was a little more coarse then what I'm used to in the US but it was still nice.

We took a cab back a few hours later to the port to get ready for our last formal dinner. We had a lot of fun on the cruise this night since the next day was a day at sea and we wouldn't be docking anywhere.

Me and Amanda
Me and Amanda
On the Catamaran with one of the g…
On the Catamaran with one of the …
Group at dinner.
Group at dinner.
Our fun Monkey towel animal.
Our fun Monkey towel animal.