People watching at Venice Beach

Venice Beach Travel Blog

The next day after our Hollywood Tour I drove to Santa Monica to pick up Yadi and take a trip to Venice Beach. Sue and Jerome made there way over from their Hotel by LAX Airport. While we were waiting Yadi and I walked around taking in all the sights. Yadi was exited to see the street vendors and performers that are situated along the board walk. Venice is definitely to place to go if you’re interested in people watching!

Before Sue and Jerome arrived, Yadi and I took our shoes off and took a stroll along the beach.

The weather was clear and sunny, around 70 degrees. We dipped our feet in the water briefly (cold!) and decided to sit and relax until the others arrived.

I finally received a call from Sue, they had arrived! We said our hello’s and strolled along the boardwalk. Many of the vendors along Venice sell original works of art, T-shirts, hats, paintings, souvenirs, and different types of food. After our stroll we decided to grab some food and park ourselves on the grass along the boardwalk and have a little picnic. As we were strolling along we had noticed a few food venues which offered a variety of foods including Greek, Salvadorian, and American just to name a few. Yadi was craving a Falafel and I was craving a little bit of everything. We decided to buy a few different foods including a Falafel, Gyro, and some Pupusas. Pupusas are a traditional Salvadorian dish made of thick, hand-made tortilla filled with various combinations of ingredients including, but not limited to cheese, beans, pork, chicken, and beef which are topped with a cabbage slaw fermented with vinegar, chilies, and a watery tomato salsa.

The four of us shared by passing around each selection like an appetizer tray.

After our bellies were full and bloated, we continued along the board walk enjoying the sights. We had noticed a vendor that specialized in henna tattoos. After much debate, we all decided to get our ink done. Maybe we choose henna because we are all too wussy to get real tattoos! Either way we had fun picking looking through the different designs and making our selection.

After a great day at the beach we decided to call it a day and get ready for our first dinner meet up at Henry’s Hat Restaurant.

daniel_jetsetter says:
It was great fun! To bad you couldn't join us Alice. Definitely next time!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010
alicegourmet says:
Glad to see that you guys had a great time at Venice Beach. I went there in May, it was pretty packed and crowded during the weekend. Heard that the city is going to limit the street vendors and performers.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010