OC

Orange County Travel Blog

.... off to orange county with Angel. Always wanted to visit as I've seen it on TV shows. One of which is "orange county choppers". Yes Angel, you were right its actually shot in New york.
We got to Angel's place in Irvine, rested for a bit and then headed to Huntington beach. We were not hungry so all we had was ... wait i don't remember what we ate :). More importantly I had huge glass of beer and Angel had a margarita that she couldn't finish.
We decided to bar hop, which was a good idea. Most of the bars were pretty quiet, nothing much happening. One bar didn't even allow dancing, they said they didn't have a license. huh?
We ended up at an Irish pub that had a Jamaican group playing that night.
The music was awesome so we stayed here and enjoyed the music, until we were ready to call it a night.
The next morning we drove to Balboa Pier where I witnessed a strange phenomenon. People on the pier were pulling in fish by the min. I wish I had a line, even with my bad luck I'm sure I would have caught something. Anyway so we had burgers and shakes at Ruby's diner on the pier, checked out the area and even went on a Ferris wheel ride, was a lot of fun.
After checking out Laguna beach and chasing bunnys it was time to head back to L.A, as i had a flight to catch at 10:30PM. Virginia met us at Romano's Macaroni Grill for dinner and drinks. After that, V gave me a ride to the airport. At this point i was sure i missed my flight it was like close to 10. The attendant at the gate said I had 5 mins. Luckily the lines at the customs were empty. Got through on time and just made it to the gate :)
Slept for 5 hrs on the plan and got back to FL in time to catch another 4 hrs of sleep before I headed to work.

rvegas says:
lol .. yeah i can sleep anywhere :). its a gift
Posted on: Jul 05, 2010
castex21 says:
License to dance?!?!...WTH?!!!
Wow cutting it close on the return flight!...Though I wish I could sleep even 4 hours on a plane...The engines usually keep me awake..lol
Posted on: Jul 04, 2010