Where in the world is Waldoboro???

Waldoboro Travel Blog

Moody's Diner. Maine's version of the "stop" sign!

Topping the list of fly-by towns was Camden, an utterly charming place I haven’t been back to post-TB (meaning no pictures), and I wanted to show our daughter the top of Mt. Battie at Camden Hills State Park here, the place where Edna St. Vincent Millay penned the famous lines:

All I could see from where I stood

Was three long mountains and a wood;

I turned and looked another way,

And saw three islands in a bay

You can clearly see what Edna is talking about when you recite these lines at Mt. Battie and since there is a road to the top (I’ve never driven up, but hiked up a few times) I figured it would be a quick break for us.  But we had a boat to catch and hadn’t stopped for lunch yet, so we pressed on.

Until we got to Waldoboro.  Kim was behind the wheel and didn’t hesitate for a moment to pull into the Moody’s parking lot as we tooled on by.  If you say “Maine” and “diner” in the same breath, Moody’s is your best bet for what follows.  After a rare unhealthy meal (fried clams and onion rings, so sinful but so yummy!) we piled back in the car and made the shock absorbers groan during the final push to New Harbor.

Sweetski says:
Unhealthy meals are delightful sin. The onions have a nice ring to them and I'm glad they didn't make you moody at Moody's.
Posted on: Jul 03, 2010
alyssa_ob says:
Oh, this must be the Camden State Park you referred to that's also a MN state park. I think the Minnesota Camden is related to yours.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2010
Moodys Diner.  Maines version of…
Moody's Diner. Maine's version o…
Waldoboro Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Chowing down at Moody's!
Moody’s started way back in 1927. Times were booming and Route 1 was guiding these new fangled automobiles past the small town of Waldoboro. Percy… read entire review
photo by: vances