Bean there, done that...

Freeport Travel Blog

We cruised south from Waldoboro and I dropped Kim and Spencer off at a friend's place in Bowdoin.  Then I circled back to Bowdoinham for a Friends of Merrymeeting Bay steering committee meeting (this is a conservation land trust I am treasurer for, I usually have to phone in for the meetings).  So pleasant to be back to familiar faces and places.

Returned to pick up my girls and caught up a bit as well before we pressed on to our lodging for the next two nights in Freeport, the Hampton Inn.  The sightseeing portion of our trip was pretty much wrapped up.  The two places where we lived in Maine were Brunswick and Scarborough, so now that we were back to the old stomping grounds the balance of our return excursion would be devoted to catching up with old friends.

Freeport is an interesting little town, a shopping mall disguised as a quaint New England Village.  L.L. Bean is the dominating force here, between their landmark store and corporate headquarters within the city limits.  Probably not so many journal entries or reviews from here on out, but our friends aren’t ones to sit on their butts so I’m sure we’ll strike out to visit a few familiar haunts that are worth sharing.

Sweetski says:
Did you by any chance stumble upon Angela Lansbury?

BTW, I think you a treasure for being the treasurer :)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2010
Freeport Hotels & Accommodations review
Bedding down in Freeport
Standard Hampton Inn in Freeport. Quality appointments and service, nothing exceptional but nothing nasty. We enjoyed our two nights here, particula… read entire review
photo by: vances