Good things come in small packages

Agra Travel Blog

I was going to get up and see sunrise at Taj Mahal but it was way too cloudy and I was way too tired. Anyway, someone put some money in the leccy metre so my fan and stuff could work again so I could actually close the windows and block out the outside and get a few more hours of shut eye. I walked down past the East gate after getting some munch and sat by the river for a bit and walked along the bank where there were water buffalo lazing in the river and a blatently rabid dog, that came running toward me but then just went in the river instead of biting my leg or something. I then got told off by the security guards (I don't know why, I was just walking!) and then came back to find the 'park' but it was such a shambles. There was a random house w a girl doing her washing and she looked so happy when I namaste'd her and used my new found Hindi. At least I know I said stuff right, but then like in Indonesia, they think I'm fluent when I'm really not.

I didn't really do much for the rest of the day except eat, book my train ticket and drown again. My hotel actually had electricity and after my almost Delhi belly experience I went to bed. It must have been the curry from Joney's place, or just the lack of hygeine (I saw one of the guys pull out someone's tooth or something, and I doubt hands are washed). I love their little kitchen though, with tiny two hob stove, one pan and toastie maker thing, which both are, of course encrusted with leftover food from the past year.

photo by: rotorhead85