Day 7: If you touch me with that baguette, I will snap my fingers in a Z-formation.

Barcelona Travel Blog

RAGING RIVEEEEEEEER!!
I awoke rather early the next morning (or later that morning after the brasserie insanity) and went with a two other girls to explore the town, since we didn't have much time the night before, and it had been too dark to see much. We walked along the river, which was absolutely beautiful. The area we were in was like an entire ravine nestled in the mountains, with the river cutting through. Everything was lush and green. We went down to the edge of town, managed to make a few quick calls in the phone booth, and then walked back up to the hotel.

Everyone from our school gathered down by where the ducks were again to bid farewell. One kid decided it would be a good idea to put some bread on a stick and try to feed the ducks. Of course, the ducks were terrified (even the beast one) of the stick and went for the bread once it fell off (which was inevitable).
We found a pretty sweet creek.
Someone threw bread at me, and it went down my shirt, of all places. That resulted in a lot of swearing. Amusingly enough, the duck still ate the bread. As we sat, watching the ducks and having way too much fun (one was taken away downstream, much to our amusement), we suddenly heard a ton of swearing. I looked back over my shoulder and saw one of the boys lifting his foot out of the water.

The bus ride into Spain didn't take a long time. I slept for most of the ride, but what scenery I saw continued with the European beauty. We went to the Salvador Dali Museum (if you don't know who he is, it's the melting clock pictures) and wandered through that for quite a while before getting a lunch. This was my first run-in with the Spanish language away from home.

I managed to order quite well in Spanish, but had to help a French student, who flat-out refused to try and speak any Spanish, versus myself, the French failure, who was able to say "Je voudre" and point and say an occasional word.
River in Montpellier. Better than your river!!!
Needless to say, it was disappointing. But the ketchup they have over there is fantastic.

We wandered through the shops for a little while, and I picked up a few souvenirs for my siblings before it was back onto the bus. We drove into Barcelona and to our hotel. The bus couldn't fit through the streets (Take that, Julia!!), so we got to walk up cobblestone streets...woooo!! Not really. We were tired. After finally depositing our suitcases, we got some free time to walk around the city until dinner.

A few of us found a cute boutique with adorable clothes, though I didn't buy anything. We went back to dinner only to find a few kids from our school drunk as hell. One girl wasn't quite drunk, more tipsy (she could still function normally, and her words weren't slurred), but one of the boys was flat-out drunk (we have video of him talking to a butterfly).
Psychotic art at the Dali Museum.
After dinner, we gathered in a room and stayed up late talking. We decided to go get some stuff from the vending machines, and ended up staring a dance revolution in the elevator. We were hardcore dancing as the doors shut, and the elevator suddenly plummetted from the fourth floor to the second in half a second (about four times faster than normal). After recovering from our laughing fit (and looking sexy in berees), we walked into the lobby as if everything were normal.

The next day, we slept for the entire tour and blew what many we had left on food. And there was a fortune teller!!
We found a pretty sweet creek.
River in Montpellier. Better than …
River in Montpellier. Better than…
Pretty!!