Marathon Day : Run baby run!

Phuket Travel Blog

Yeah!

We called the receptionist to set up alarm clock two times, one at 4am for Ale, and another one at 7am for me. It didn't work at 4am but lucky that Ale woke up by himself. I saw he dressed up and gone then I continued sleeping- I was just going to be on time when he's back at the goal. The 21 Kilometers Half Marathon that Ale and Bow joined had started at 6am - Ale told me he would be back like 8am so I had to be there before. I planned to be there at 7.30am to take pictures of others but I was late 10 minutes.

I was there at 7.40am, saw the runners run near my hotel, and the other groups of runners were waiting to do the 10km, 5km and 2km. I tried to be at the goal line. At that time was 7.45am, I wasn't sure if Ale already got in yet? Some runners came, one of them fell down after reached the goal, the staff had to take her to the wheelchair and gave oxygen.
at the start and end line
5 minutes later I heard the announcer said Ale's name. I was turning back to the other runners, almost can't catch his picture. Ale didn't see me but I did take for many pictures of him. He's wet all over. Haha but still smiling. Ale did it like 1.50hrs. Better than he thought. He won his static!

In this marathon always have one girl if I remember she's from Singapore who always wears a nice costume to run. This time she came with the rabbit costume, sexy rabbit, I like her dress. She came after Ale for a half an hour but got attention from the journalists a lot.

I let Ale took a rest and stretched and I took pictures of others. About 20 minutes later Bow came. She's wet too but not much as Ale. Maybe she's Thai and used to the hot and humid weather here? We're there about 40minutes.
Finally
At 8am, the other runners for 10km, 5km and 2km ran. I can't imagine how hot they would get. The sun became stronger. The last 2km was for kids, well. The kids would be exhausted.

This is what Ale has prepared for three months, ended already. But both of them (Ale and Bow) looked fine after running 21kms. They both talked about running-I saw people run and make me want to run too. When I was grade 7, I joined the running team of my school but one day after the training I fell down, so I stopped running since then. I used to do sports when I was young but I don't understand why didn't I want to do it anymore when I grew up? If eating calls sport, I might do it great! :D

Ale told me one of the Haruki Murakami's Book "What I talk about when I talk about running" has inspired him to run and to quit smoking.
Great runners!
After he read that book he started running. Now he bought me that book, he said " i don't hope that you will run like me but just read it". I read the other books of Murakami and finished them but for this one, I opened a few pages and I always put down. I hope one day I will finish it. And hope one day I will run, or quit smoking or at least I will do some sports like others. I love my health but how can I say that if I don't start doing good thing for my life?

There will be another international marathon this year in Penang, Malaysia and Cambodia. Who knows, maybe you see me on my blog that won't be just a photographers for Ale but be a runner by myself. :) Cheers to every runners!

newtampo says:
Yeah it was really hot during the day but they started running since 6am so the weather was better a bit :)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2010
cygnus16 says:
Good job, Ale.... especially in that heat.
Posted on: Jun 23, 2010
Funny face!
Funny face!
at the running place
at the running place
Now I think you feel better hah?
Now I think you feel better hah?
The runners