Belize - Kayaking

Belize City Travel Blog

Today we set down our anchor in Belize.  Around 8am, we were up and ready to take our taxi boat to the island.  The boat ride in was pretty nice, we had a good view of the island and the ocean and of course our ship.  Once we docked, we found our meeting place for our excursion and stood in line for a few minutes.  Once everyone arrived, we set out for the bus to take us to the place were we would be kayaking.  I can't remember the name at this point but I know I have it written down somewhere.  The bus took us through town where I saw a lot of older buildings and some unfinished homes.  I also got to see a couple side street vendors selling fruit and other home grown goods (see pictures).

Me kayaking for the first time.
  The scenery was amazing.  Once we made it through town and some of the country side, we arrived at the park.  We walked through some of the park to get to the creek to load the kayaks.  There were some pavilions that were amazing, built from trees and branches (see pictures).  There was also a thru bridge that we crossed made from the same type trees (see pictures).  The park has a great pool and other amenities for enjoyment.  Once we got settled we put on our swinsuits, bug spray, lifejackets and loaded into our kayaks.  We set off down a narrow creek under overgrown tree tops and unusual noises.  It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.  The colors and sights were exquisit (see pictures).  Our tour guide told us about the islands history and the history of the animals that would be found in that part of the park.  It is definitely a place to see!!!

Our tour guide.
There is a snake in this tree.
There is a snake in this tree.
Belize City