Goodbye to Down Under

Melbourne Travel Blog

Finished the drive to Melbourne this morning, on the main road into town must be Little Lebanon, the street is filled with Lebanese and Eastern Mediterranean restaurants.  Managed to find Chapman Gardens YHA ($18 for twin), we were lucky as the other hostel was full.  After cleaning out the van and having lunch, we returned the van 4 days early, but no refunds!  More bad luck, when I had left the hostel I had my address book but had lost it by the time I'd returned to the hostel; I'd had $300 stashed in it!  Took the SkyBus ($18 rtn) from the airport.

We headed downtown to go to the Australian Open tennis match, stopping by the Hard Rock Cafe for another shirt ($28).  Arrived at the tennis center, watched a few girls/boys matches and waiting for the main doors to open on centre court.  Our seats ($40) were in the last row, but still a good view.  Watched womens quarterfinals + mens.  Davenport + Sampras, Sampras won.  Rode back to the hostel + packed and then went to bed, my last night in Oz!  Still no sign of my address book.  Either left it in the campervan, gas station, or airport/bus.

Jan 26, 2000
Long (15 hrs) flight back to LAX, then through DFW to AUS.  It's been a great month, lots of things to see and do, I'm definitely coming back to Australia someday.

28,395 km (17,644 miles) traveled