Never go without a car

Koh Chang Travel Blog

Our room at Gu's bay Resort

We woke up since 6am. I went out to call Taxi. Empty road!!!! Wow, no one wakes up yet. The taxi doesn't start yet. ?! Around 6.30pm the staff at our resort came to work so I asked their advice. They said the taxi to the pier will come every one hour. The taxi on this beach will not go to the pier. If we want, we have to pay a lot. The taxi service of the hotel can send us at the pier with 500 Baht. Grrrr .... what a life???

Two women walked on the road at 6.30am - we looked like we had a crazy party last night and just came back home haha it's too early to open my eyes!!

We waited and waited and waited .. then the first taxi came at 7am. Thanks Buddha!!! We needed to get out early because we didn't want to get wet from this Splashing water festival so we woke up before they wake up.

Our Room :)
Finally we're at the pier!! Hooray.

The staff at the pier car park gave us a discount as we parked only one night. Good. Thank you so much. We drove a car to the ferry. There's still no traffic even it's on Songkran Day. We got a car back now. We're happy!

After arrival, it was raining hard but we had to drive to find a place to stay. We drove along for 10-15 kilometers then we found Gu's Bay resort. It was the one that the cambodian staff told us! So we checked it out.

Gu's Bay resort is really cosy! I love this area. I love this place. I hoped they have rooms available!!! There were many tourists at the cafeteria area. No Thai? The staff is Thai so we asked him about the room. He looked at us and said he had room like one night then Laila gazed him for a long time.

Nice view
I thought "did you like him?" hahaha but no, Laila remembered the staff. He studied in the same university as her in Chiangmai. Wow, small world!! Then they remembered each other! His name is Boy. Then Boy said, ok, you stay here and I'll manage later about the room for tomorrow and the next day!

Goooooood!!! :) Thanks a lot!

We drove back to our resort and checked out then had lunch and headed back to Gu's Bay. Checked in!

The sea is in front of the place but there's no beach. They have a swimming pool in the middle of the resort. Big space. Nice, green, beach, sea. Oh, this is the place we looked for!!!

We stayed in a small house for two people with open-air bathroom. Really nice. The feeling is hundred time better than staying at Mandalay and the price is a half less than that.

Love it.

We didn't go out during the day. Just enjoyed the place. Chilling. Cosy. There were about 10 people at the resorts at that time. Good. Quiet indeed.

At night we went to eat at Nature Bar. It's at Lonely Beach. Nature Bar is also a resort and bar. Good food. Everyone came to eat and had a party here. Boy recommended us to come here at night. Full of tourists - not like Kai-Bae Beach at all. Lively place is here. The food at Nature Bar was really yummy. Everyone was drunk after celebrating a Thai New Year together with loads of activities during the day and dancing in the night.

Laila and I were just had dinner but didn't join any activities. We went back at midnight. We'd like to have a happy sleeping time! :) We did. Good. Really good.

Night all. I like Gu's Bay.

Our room at Gus bay Resort
chill
chill
Bathroom
Bathroom
the gecko is behind that wall!
the gecko is behind that wall!
nice bed