Motorbike, not for Thais?

Koh Tao Travel Blog

Note :

After checked in at Ban's diving, we went out to rent a motorbike to search for the new hotels but we didn’t get it. The price isn’t bad - it’s 200THB per day but they take your passport and return when we give the motorbike back. Ale forgot his passport at home so I was going to give my ID card instead but they said “no, we don’t take any ID Cards of Thai people, we need only Passport of tourist.” Ha, sorry??!!! Don’t joke me!

They didn’t joke me, it’s true. Every shops said the same. I asked them why but they don’t have the right answer for us. They just said that “we don’t take it. Just only passport of tourists”. So I said “If I give you my passport, will you take it”? They didn’t answer me just keep saying “no, we don’t accept Thai ID Card”.

This is how Thai people treat Thai people?

Ok maybe they’re afraid that the motorbike would be stolen as the ID card is easy renewed and also the real thief could give them the fake ID. But Do I look like a thief? Why don’t they just use common sense, sixth sense or whatever senses to consider? They kept saying no no no to Thai like this, so now this is an island of only foreigners?!!!

Pearl510 says: