Driving inlands

Paraburdoo Travel Blog

Up until this point I spent all my time in Oz along the coast. But there are much more to the country than the coastline so I will finally make my way inland to explore some of the red soil of the land. It is quite a drive to the central parts of the country when you have managed to get yourself out to the northwestern top of the land.

It takes quite a long time driving just to make it back to highway one and from there it’s another long drive to get to the inland. The country side is going from dry along the coast to very dry when I get further inland. Now and again there are different kinds of birds of prey flying around in the sky.

There are not a lot happening except from the birds in the sky and the landscape is kind of similar - which is one of the things which always has impressed me with this country.

The distances with is enormous - the land just keeps going for hours without any major changes. But finally I get to one of the few cities in this part of the world. Well city might be pushing it a bit when you are talking about Paraburdoo - but there are a small collection of buildings and some very green lawns which indicate a big overconsumption of water despite the dry conditions.

This is the last change to by some essential supplies for the next few days - so I get some of the essentials like chocolate and drinks. Then it’s off to the true outback - in the big national park Karijini. It’s too late tonight to go out and explore the gorges of the park so instead it’s just about time to get settled in.

Paraburdoo