Thursday, Day 5

Phuket Travel Blog

We woke-up very early, at 5.00 am. We had a deal with the driver from Phuket shuttle to take us to airport at 5.20 am but he didn't show up at all. His phone was off. Although he had promised us yesterday night via mobile phone that he would come, he failed to fulfill his promise.

So, we asked the taxi that parked nearby the hotel and after bargaining, we went to the airport. It cost THB 700. I questioned why the price on the board hang near that taxi stated that it only costs THB 600 from hotel to the airport. His reason was that it was early in the morning so I had to give extra THB 100.

It was raining all the way to the airport and we arrived there around 6.30 am. When did the check-in, I just being told by the officer that the flight was delayed around 2 hours! Our flight FD3940 Air Asia from Phuket (HKT) to Jakarta (CGK), supposed to fly at 8.
05 am but had to be delayed until around 10.00 am! Oh God! If they told me earlier then I can prolong my sleep this morning for 2 more hours. Damn!

I'm so sleepy and hungry so we had our breakfast at Burger King at the airport. Then, we had time to look around the shops. I noted a unique thing sold at the airport. Some shops sold packs of live orchid flowers. Each pack contained 10 stems combined between purple and white orchards. I think the regulation of many countries is very strict on the case of bringing plants and animals across borders so the chance of those poor live orchids to be bought is pretty small. They might end-up dumped in the trash bin at custom check. But that's my opinion. I don't know for sure.

Well, then it was time to leave and that would be the end of our trip to Phuket.

ariwardani says:
Yes, they were happy every time we traveled and seeing their happiness always made me happy too!
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012
Sept922 says:
It looks like your cute kids really enjoyed the trip! Good for you!
Posted on: Jun 20, 2012
lexman100 says:
Great review. :)
Posted on: Oct 09, 2010
Pretty peacock and very expensive.
Pretty peacock and very expensive.
This one was also beautiful.
This one was also beautiful.
photo by: Aclay01