Sunday, Day 1

Phuket Travel Blog

Arrived at Phuket.
From now on, I will give details on the cost of each activity we did in our trip. Thus, it may be a helpful information for those who will go to the same destination as ours in the near future.

We went to Phuket using Air Asia FD3941 from Jakarta (CGK) at 11.30 am and arrived at Phuket International Airport (HKT) at 02.20 pm. My parents and my sister have been here in April 2010 and they said it is rare to find a taxi at the airport. To avoid having troubles looking for transportation to bring us to the hotel, I have booked online via www.phuketshuttle.com. When we arrived, it turned out that there's actually a lot of taxi, but not with the meters. You have to bargain with the driver.

Our driver had a sign of my name and we went to Ibis Patong hotel where we stayed for these 5 days-4 nights of our stay. The cost of airport-hotel was THB 700 and it took 1 hour to get to the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, I can see a sign on the street offers to take to the airport at cost of THB 600. So, I assumed if you want to go from or to the airport, better bargain as low as THB 600 or 500.

We spent the afternoon to walk along the beach, saw the sunset and had dinner at a food court built next to the beach. All the stalls offer seafood, Thai food, and western food. The menus are all looked alike and so do the prices. Our dinner: fish with soy sauce (the size of the fish was too big for us), fried crispy shrimps, clams with oyster sauce, and sauteed morning glory. It cost THB 880.

Sunset at Patong Beach.
Sunset at Patong Beach.
Strolling along the beach.
Strolling along the beach.
Patong beach.
Patong beach.
Phuket Hotels & Accommodations review
A pleasant stay near the beach
Pros: 1. The hotel is located very near to the beach. Only 5 minutes walk. 2. The area is quiet. I don't like hotels alongside main road because so… read entire review
Phuket