back home

Amsterdam Schiphol Travel Blog

I only woke up again about 7 hours later, a little before breakfast time, flying over Hungary. Now it wouldn't take long anymore to get us home. We touched down in Amsterdam a little ahead of schedule, but there misfortune kept following us. When returning from a trip, I always want to get back as quickly as possible. It's over - so why waste any time getting back...However, we must have missed the bus driver and his sign, cos we kept waiting outside the airport for nearly an hour, before the guy finally showed up. Then there was still a horrible traffic jam on the way to Antwerpen but at long last we made it to the Antwerp Crowne Plaza...Everyone was extremely tired and beat from the long journey. So we just murmured a quick bye and I promised Ils I would ring her...

My mom, who was supposed to pick me up there, was overreacting big time... You know, shouting out things like "Good heaven, you have lost so much weight etc..." It is true that the monotonous diet of rice  did its work...But we all know moms have a tendency to dramatise and overreact. Anyway, protesting didn't help - she insisted on taking me for a decent lunch...flooding me with questions, but I really didn't know where to start.

And then finally...home sweet home. How nice to be back! Cliché, but there really is no place like home. Strange how I always need to have been away to get reminded to this  saying again ;)
Amsterdam Schiphol