Wednesday June 20th Kanchanaburi + night train to Chang Mai

Kanchanaburi Travel Blog

By breakfast time, I was still feeling very nauseous and sick, but I forced myself to try and eat at least some food.  But it didn't get better - on the contrary - I couldn't keep any food in my stomach at all . While passing some food stand in a tiny little village, only the mere smell of these rice type things, was enough to make me throw up. Sorry for the gross details, but this is reality-tv, you know...

This basically meant that I hadn't had any food since yesterday morning and I started to feel really weak An extreme high dose of sugary Fanta, Coke and Sprite was supposed to keep me on my feet, but after I couldn't keep in lunch either, my feet could hardly carry me and I felt like fainting any moment. Luckily we had a pretty long bus ride ahead of us back to Bangkok, from where we would take the night train to Chiang Mai in the North.

There was only a short stop along the way at the temple of Nakhom Pathom. I hardly remember anything from the afternoon, as I slept most of the time. But by the time we arrived in Bangkok's railway station, I felt like a complete wreckage. Don't know how I managed, but I still found the strenght to buy a package of plain cookies, from which I forced myself to eat a few...and they staid in...fortunately!
Kanchanaburi