Wednesday 27th June 2001 Ko Samet

Ko Samet Travel Blog

Getting up was inhumanly early again, as today we had booked a boat trip to the paradise island of Ko Samet. And gosh, don't you just hate Murphy's law? Just our luck that today the rainy season really set in. Sure it was still tropically hot, but very very cloudy. Bye bye plan to shoot some awesome tropical beach pictures.

Though it didn't matter too much. The boat trip was quite fun thanks to the bit rougher sea and the island was indeed like paradise: right out of a Bacardi commercial...white sand, palm trees, starfish, coconuts... would be perfect if it weren't shaded by those rain clouds. But well, one can't have all...can we?

Apart from some lazy dozing off on the beach, I agreed to some Thai massage for my poor limbs, still not fully recovered from the rafting. But gosh...this massage is actually more of a torture. Imagine them walking barefoot on your back!!!  Anyway, can't go to Thailand without having this experience :) Yet the manicure was a lot more pleasant I have to admit :)  At night we hit the town for the 3rd consecutive night, indulging on ice cream and then it was time to get back to the hotel and pack as tomorrow would be our final day in Pattaya
Ko Samet