Sunday June 17th Royal Palace

Bangkok Travel Blog

Gosh, the alarm clock at 7.00 is actually pure torture when having a vacation, but at least I woke up in a good mood. In a way I was quite curious of what Bangkok could show me.  And this time I was indeed awake and fit enough to be truly enchanted by the impressive temples and countless Buddha statues. The blah-blah of the guide was just a little too much to stand; I do not need a full length explanation about the differences between Buddhism and Hinduism...sorry had my share of eastern style philosophy already back in college, so I wandered off on my own, exploring the sites and shooting awesome pictures.

In the evening we had a traditional Thai dinner complete with dances and tinkle bell music. Those spicy rice dishes aren't really my favourite but the big pineapple cocktail filled with something resembling the flavour of a Mai Tai, made swallowing the lot much easier :)  And then we were all ready to go and hit Bangkok's night life at the centre of it all: Path Pong. Our guide didn't grasp at all why us three girls would wanna explore an area with go-go bars and a very naughty reputation. But hey, why should men have all the fun? There is no harm in LOOKING what the infamous red light district is all about, isn't it? And indeed we had a pretty good time. A drink in one of the countless topless dancers' bars seemed out of the question...but with a coffee-shake from Starbucks we managed just as well. It is indeed quite funny to have someone walk up to you showing pictures of naked men and beckoning to come in. Sorry, but these skinny Thai men don't ring my bell, so we all nicely returned to our hotel ALONE, haha...

Bangkok