Moscow Travel Blog

My former boyfriend and his best friend  were supposed to meet us at the railway station, so as the train arrived rather early, I didn't really expect them to be there yet. Wrong guess, because they were already awaiting us at the platform :) We couldn't have been luckier with two such amazing guides.

After dropping off all luggage at hotel Belgrad, it was time for exploration again. "Many" told me that after visiting St Petersburg, Moscow would be a bit of a disappointment. But in this particular case "many" were oh so wrong! There aren't any words to rightly describe Moscow. It's contradictory in every aspect.

Our first stops were the Kremlin and the Red Square.  Once again a firework of "oohs" and "aahs" running through my mind... Churches even more shimmering in the summer sun... and the Basilius cathedral on the Red Square... all I can say is "enchanting". I will post a picture of it on my site soon.. and you will agree with me: not a sight for sore eyes!!!

With only two days to spend, we had a pretty packed schedule to obey to. Among others, we had fun in Gorky Park, searched all over town for Pushkin, spent a considerate amount of time a various Mc Donalds's, played the PECTOPAH - game (only known by a select number of insiders) and went to the top of the Moscow TV tower, where I felt both literally and figural on top of the world..

As all good things come to an end too soon, so did our stay in Moscow. After a vodka drink and a sad goodbye, it was time to catch the night train back to Helsinki in Finland.
cotton_foam says:
You and Ils have gone a long way in terms of Travelling together! I envy you guys! :D
Posted on: May 22, 2014