Traffic, traffic, and more traffic!

Luxembourg Travel Blog

View from our hotel

Rob and I decided that this year we would escape the Queensday crowd and drive somewhere. It has been a couple of years since we’d been to Luxembourg and on one day, at that time. It was time to go back.

I loaded up the car and drove out to Edam to pick Rob up, creeping in the bumper to bumper traffic. It was early afternoon but, due to exodus, all trying to get a jump on the long weekend, it was miserable.

It took me almost an hour and a half to drive what was usually 30 minutes. Once there I had to wait for Rob to finish meetings, so it was almost 5pm by the time we left, almost 3 hours beyond what I had planned.

The traffic was some of the worst I had experience in Nederlands and Northern Belgium. I think everyone was on the road going somewhere….anywhere.

What would normally have taken 4+ hours, today took over 7 hours.

We reached Luxembourg Ville around midnight and luckily or hotel was in a great location and pleasant. It would have bee nice if it had a/c but, it was still nice.

I had been quite ill, and chose to travel anyway. Upon our arrival, Rob tried to get me to go to the emergency room but, I refused. I was tired and wanted a night’s sleep. I thought that might help….boy was I wrong.

photo by: Vikram