Perth Travel Blog

I went to the University of Western Australia for 6 months in 2004 and had what I can honestly say was the best time of my life. The city itslef is amazing. It's beautifully planned and kept incredibly clean, everywhere is a pleasuyre to be and a pleasure to get to - I never had to wait long for a bus and there were always more than enough seats. The nightlife in Perth is amazing too. They know how to get down there!!! I don't think I went to a single bar or club I wasn't impressed with. The variety of restaurants in Perth is amazing too. There is even a donation only Indian restaurant that I highly reccommend. And then there's Cottesloe Beach, one of the best places in the world right across the street from about 15 pubs and restaurants. It has clear, sparkling water, white sand, and the occasional dolphin.

ALong the coast both Nroth and South there are even more amazing places. South towards Margaret River you will find perfect beach after perfect beach, and be able to taste some of the best wine you've ever had. it's not cheap down there but worth it. to the North there are several do-not-miss State Parks and if you are up for it they offer swimming with the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef.

photo by: cimtech