Last full day in Lima

Lima Travel Blog

Plaza de Armas
I woke up a bit late today because it was vacation and I could :) Also, I was at Yadi's party til much later than I'm typically out and about, even for a weekend night.

Once I rolled out of bed, showered, and got ready to get my day underway I headed back down to Larcomar because there were some restaurants I wanted to try out. I had some pancake-esque kind of thing and then it was off to Lima Centro to see some of the sites downtown. I met a couple from New York near my hotel and we shared a cab downtown. We then bumped into each other again at the Iglesia San Francisco where we decided to take a tour of the place and see the catacombs. I had never seen any catacombs before. The most impressive thing to me was how well they used the tools at their disposal, and how they designed certain areas to be earthquake proof. I think we were smarter as human beings in previous generations.
Now we're just dumb :)

I made my way back to Miraflores and had dinner at another restaurant I had read about before wandering aimlessly (It's my specialty). I came across a supermarket and decided to look around. I was having a bit of fun trying to manage as an English speaker in a Spanish speaking country, and this proved to be another opportunity. I failed miserably as the cashier asked me something and I had no way of answering. I know numbers, she was asking me something that had nothing to do with how much I owed. Oh well.

Then it was off to bed so I could wake up early and head back to the airport to meet my brothers and sister-in-law so we could head off to Cusco.
Plaza de Armas
A strong military presence outside…
A strong military presence outsid…
Iglesia de San Francisco