Arrival in Cusco

Cusco Travel Blog

I had an early taxi to the airport in Lima to meet up with 2 of my brothers and my brother's wife, who had a long layover in Lima before catching a flight on LAN to Cusco. They were all sleeping wherever they could get comfortable at the gate when I arrived, and a few hours later it was time for us to board our flight to Cusco.

We had 2 days in Cusco before heading off on the Inca Trail. All recommendations given to us suggested that we take it very easy on the 2 days so that the altitude didn't get to us. The company we used for our Inca Trail tour was there waiting for us at the airport to take us to our hotel a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas. We checked in, relaxed in the lobby for a little while, had as much coca leaf tea as we could drink, and then went out looking for something to eat. We went to a pizzeria right across the street from our hotel. Interestingly enough the place didn't serve pizza at all. Maybe pizzeria means something different in Cusco. My younger brother and I both decided to try the Guinea Pig. Neither of us liked it at all.

It was very early in the evening, but we were already dead on our feet and needed to get to bed. But, we still had to meet with our tour company to pay the balance of our trip and get briefed on what to expect. And then we were off to bed to sleep for as long as our bodies would allow.
Guinea Pig.  Disgusting.
Guinea Pig. Disgusting.
My brother, Tim, showing off his G…
My brother, Tim, showing off his …
Cusco Hotels & Accommodations review
The San Augustin Internacional is a pleasant place to say with a good location a short walk to the Plaza de Armas. The rooms were clean and comfortab… read entire review
photo by: Vlindeke