Bye bye Okotoks :(

Banff Travel Blog

We got up and checked out of our nice hotel. I will miss the little cute town of Okotoks. For lunch we had breakfast at the popular Cora's. Good thing we got there when we did, because as soon as we sat down there was a huge lineup all the way outside! I highly recommend if you ever wonder into Okotoks to go to Coras for some breakfast!

We then set off to Banff and Lake Louise for the day. Good thing we picked Sunday, because it wasn't raining.  Lake Louise was as good as I thought it would be. I think if it was hotter out it would look nicer, because the water would be more blue-green. It was very cold there, and there was even a bit of snow too.

On the way to Banff
The fresh mountain air smelled good, and felt nice to breathe in. There was alot of tourists there, I was very surprised, I didn't know so many people around the world would know about a lake in Alberta Canada!

We then headed off to Banff, as soon as we got there we seen an Elk. This town surprised me, I knew it was a good winter getaway (skiing etc...) but I didn't know there would be so many stores and restaurants. They had Lululemon, Billabong, Roots, Quiksilver, Gap, Louis Vuitton, La Senza, Tony Romas, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Boston Pizza, and many many more! We looked around at all the stores, which took quite awhile. I bought my grandma a nice jade Innukshuk (sp) necklace, 2 postcards, a magnet, and a keychain. For my mom I got her some body washes, and lipsticks from The Body Shop. For myself I also got a beautiful Roots Banff t-shirt.

For supper we were going to go to Tony Romas, since we have never been before, but the drink prices were outragous! tourist trap I tell ya lol. So we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory, which was very good. Before we left Banff we seen another Elk! As soon as we left it started to rain, lucky us! There was alot of tourists at Banff aswell, and there were alot of foreigners working to (British, Australians, Asians, Europeans,) I think it's neat that they are here in Canada experiencing new things, and I would like to try that myself someday.

For tonight we decided to stay with Chads cousin in Calgary, not only for a visit, but to save some cash! She lived in a nice basement suite, and had a husky named Storm and a cat named Yoda. We chatted for awhile, watched some tv, and off to sleep.

spaaahh
spaaahh
Elk!
Elk!
Water trickling down the mountain
Water trickling down the mountain
Banff Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice
I have never been to the Spaghetti Factory before. We got served some bread and garlic butter which was nice. Then you can choose a salad or soup. I h… read entire review
Banff