Airport + + +

Bøur Travel Blog

Bøur 1
Anybody thinking that the island of Vagar is simply a place with an airport should think again - and again. Its scenery is at least as good as any other Færoes island that we saw. Shortly after the airport we passed Sørvágur, where the passenger ferry to the island of Mykines goes.

Diversion - I was deterred from going to Mykines by the advice of our friend's brother and his partner. They were so stricken with the island and its extremely photogenic bird life that they went twice. I trusted their judgement that the pull up from the ferry was not for those with defective hearts. BUT - how I was sickened at my inability. It really tested my motto of not grieving for what I can no longer do but enjoying that which I can do.

Bøur comes next and until 2004 that was the end of the road but there is now a tunnel on to Gasadalur (next entry). Bøur could almost be the stereotypical Færoes village - coastal, turf roofs, waterfall, Færoes Church mark 1, tremendous views to sea. Actually its views to sea are outstanding. The ferry route from
Sørvágur to Mykines passes some spectacular islets and stacks and these show to great advantage here.
Bøur 2