Queenstown

Queenstown Travel Blog

We arrived in Queenstown and I was immediately impressed by the beauty of this place. Our hotel is about 15 yards from the lake and right by the path that traverses the edge of the lake. We have a tremendously gorgeous view by just taking a few steps outside.
The town is itself has many shops and restaurants with some nice trinkets and some decent food. The thing about this town is that there are a lot individuals from foreign countries. Dan and I have met multiple Brazilians, Asians, a few Americans, and others. The only real Kiwi's we met were when we went out of town for our Funyaking tour which was rather surprising to me. There are also a bunch of imports here, meaning that there is not much that purely from New Zealand. The food for instance, is basically the same as you can find in a pub anywhere else. This place is also very pricey and Dan and I are constantly looking at prices and saying 'Are you serious???'. It's rather ridiculous.
Funyaking yesterday was awesome. The scenery was gorgeous and our guides were very informative. The told us that there were no mammals, except a bat, until Europeans brought over cattle and such when they began to colonize this area. Pretty crazy. The Dart river we went down was in many movies from the LOTR's trilogy to the latest wolverine movie. The people in Glenorty were very nice and good to chat with.
Today, we are supposed to go kayaking but we both feel like a break would be in order.
Queenstown