First take

Sydney Travel Blog

So we got in the day before yesterday and were pretty tired. The jet lag wore off the next day and Dan and i were ready to go! We left early in the morning (10:00 am... come on we are on vacation) to go walk the town. We first went around the circular quay and ate some breakfast at a local cafe. It was ok. The sausages I thought were good but Dan thought it tasted too much like the stuff back in Iraq. I'll have to take his word for that one. After that we went around to the Opera House and was amazed at the sheer size and beauty of it! After we took a few pictures, we went to the royal gardens and were impressed by the the great amounts of beautiful plants and buildings. While walking around the gardens I saw a guy we met at the airport and chatted for a minute. What a small city (not really)! We then walked to the Anzac museum that was very humbling and somber. I remember the Anzac's from the movie Galipoli that I saw with my dad years ago. After that we went the the oldest pub in Sydney and had the best beer since we left the states. There we met some other Americans who were very nice and we had a really good chat with. By and large it was a great day with a lot of walking!
Sydney