Final Thoughts on Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

Well I enjoyed my time here but I'm glad to get out. After the first of walking around we kind of saw everything there was to see which was slightly disappointing. It's a nice and different don't get me wrong but it's just another big city really with expensive trinkets and restaurants. The high light of this stop on our trip was something completely unexpected. Dan and  I had been doing nothing all day and I was kind of content with it but Dan wanted to go out. He was looking through the Frommer's book about Sydney and suggested we check out this place called The Basement. We found out that it was a Jazz bar/restaurant thing and that a guy named Peter Northcote was playing. The guy killed it! It was one of the best shows in my life and the whole band really sold out and played well. I was very thankful that Dan got us to go out to that concert. The next day we went on the bridge climb over the Sydney bridge which was rather anticlimactic. We  spent most of the time taking pictures and standing around. There were some nice views but if it wasn't in the itinerary I think we would have rather saved the money. All and all Sydney is a good place to visit but only for a short time. I'm looking forward to Melbourne though, everyone we have talked to here says its a lot better.
Sydney