A wonderful day trip

Amalfi Travel Blog

I took a day trip from Rome to Amalfi, Positano, and Pompeii through Viator Tours. It was a wonderful day full of wonderful places, but since it was a tour it was a bit rushed. I would have rather visited these places on my own time, and absolutely intend to visit the marvelously beautiful Amalfi Coast again.

I was picked up at my hostel nice and early in the morning by a van that can seat up to 8 people. Our driver and guide spoke excellent English, and I was lucky enough to sit next to a woman who was taking the tour alone as well. The traffic leaving Rome was pretty congested, so it took a bit longer than planned to reach the coast, but when we did the views alone were worth it. Careening through the steep, windy roads what somewhat of an experience, but one I am glad to have, the beauty was insurmountable. Some time later we arrived at Amalfi, but because the traffic had set us back we only had about a 1/2 hour to wander around the town. We then set off to Positano, and as charming as Amalfi was, I found myself immediately in love with Positano. We had lunch there, and I grabbed a minute to take some pictures. Our last stop was Pompeii, where we took a guided tour of the ruins. Pompeii, of course, was incredible, and I am happy that I had a guide to give more meaning to it all. All in all it was an amazing, and memorable day, and I now have even more places in which I could give much more time on future travels.
Amalfi