Back on time for the procession and open market :)

Huancavelica Travel Blog

the youngest worker was concentrated
By the time I was back in Huancavelica it was 9am. The kids have almost finished all the flower carpets, but there was still some work to do. Well there still had some time since the Ceremony would start around 11am. It was sunny and a bit warm, so I decided to walk around and take some pictures of the flower carpets and the Cathedral.

Tried to go to the Mass, but it was all packed. It seemed to be that the whole town was attending to it... oh well, I would go for a cup of coffee and come back by the time the procession starts. When I was back at the Main Square, all the flower carpets and altars were ready for the procession. Not only the kids were happy, but also the proud parents and teachers.
everyone waiting for them

Finally the procession started about 11:30am. The whole town was at the Main Square. You could see people different ages. But all of them were showing devotion, specially the older women. The kids were so proud of their work and it was such a great honor for them if they were the ones in charge of throwing flowers or just stand next to the altar. I enjoyed to take part of such an important date for this town. So sad that the procession walked over the flower carpets and these beautiful things didn't last for long... but enough to make things pretty and people happy :)

Well, but it was time to start moving. There was another thing I couldn't miss: The Open Market! And we didn't have much time, considering I wanted to leave at 1pm. So better, start moving. In order to arrive to the market, you just needed to follow the people.
mmm
It was a bit chaotic, but organized at same time. I saw some potatoes I've never seen in my life. Even a lady started to tell me that the mother in law used to give these potatoes to the daughters in law and said that if they were able to peal them, they would marry their sons, hahaha. Kept on walking and found other vegetables and fruits. I could get by as a local, except from the backpack and when I open my mouth. But this didn't happen with Nathan, which actually was helpful for me not to get lost, hahaha. We didn't want to buy anything since there was no room for anything, we ended up buying some corn to toast while in Lima. That would be delicious!

It was about 1pm when we finally started to drive back to Huancayo. We both were tired and it didn't take long until we fall asleep, at least I did so almost immediately. I wasn't looking forward to a long drive along the bumpy road... well, this is a small price to pay for experience Huancavelica, a town with all the charm from the old days.
the youngest worker was concentrat…
the youngest worker was concentra…
a small cafe
flower carpets detail
flower carpets detail
carpets getting ready
carpets getting ready
who said carpets couldnt be 3D?
who said carpets couldn't be 3D?
for the altar
alpaca testicles!
alpaca testicles!
Huancavelica Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The open market, a Must!
Visiting the open market always helps you to know better a place and Huancavelica's is not the exception. If you're in town, be sure not to miss it… read entire review
Huancavelica